Halloumi Mushroom Panini | Charalambides Christis
February 23, 2022
Delicious Panini with Halloumi Charalambides Christis and Mushroom!
- 4 Panini Buns, lightly toasted
- Halloumi, Charalambides Christis, cut into 8 slices
- 2 tbsp EVOO, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Porcini Mushrooms, stalks removed
- 2 Avocados, sliced
- 1 Red Onion, Halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup Fresh Rucola
- ½ tsp dry Coriander, ground
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
For the Pepper-Yoghurt Sauce
- 4 Red Bell Peppers
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Sweet Paprika, not smoked
- 25ml EVOO, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 50g Straggato Yoghurt Light, Charalambides Christis
- Start with the sauce by turning the oven on, air circulation at 180°C rack in the middle.
- Roughly chop the peppers, onions and garlic and place in an oven proof dish. Pour the oil, sprinkle the paprika and season with the salt. Mix well and add in the oven, cooking for about 30-40’ for the veggies to soften and slightly char. Toss couple of times. Remove from the oven, allow to cool and add in a high-speed blender, keeping aside 1 clove of garlic, along with the yoghurt aiming for a smooth consistency.
- Take a small bowl and add 2 tbsp of olive oil along with the kept 1 clove of garlic. Use a fork to mash the garlic and mix well. Keep aside.
- Take the same oven proof dish and place the mushrooms, stem side up. Brush the oil/garlic mixture sprinkle the dry coriander and season with the salt. Place in the oven cooking for about 25’ and until cooked and a bit charred. Remove from the oven and keep aside
- In the meantime, take an oven proof dish and add the halloumi slices. Grill them in the oven until nicely charred on both sides. Keep aside.
- To put everything together we slice and open our buns and spread on both sides the Pepper-Yoghurt Sauce. Add some slices of avocado, one mushroom and 2 slices of halloumi. Finally add few slices of the onion and some rucola leaves. Close the bun and press lightly.