Penne with Pissourkotiko Traditional Halloumi | Charalambides Christis
Suitable for vegetarians
November 19, 2020
Penne made with Pissourkotiko Traditional Halloumi, Pesto and roasted cherry tomatoes
- 500gr. Penne pasta
- 250ml Pesto Sauce (find the recipe in the "Sauces" section)
- 1 Large bunch of ripe cherry tomatoes
- 100gr. Pissourkotiko Traditional Halloumi Charalambides Christis
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 5 Litres of water
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of Sea salt
- ½ teaspoon of freshly ground Black Pepper
- In a large saucepan bring the water to a boil over high heat along with enough salt. Add the pasta, stirring occasionally, so that they do not stick and cook according to the recommended time in the pasta box minus 2 '. Keep ½ a cup of water from the cooked pasta for later.
- Preheat the oven, fan option to 200 ° C and place an oven tray rack in the middle of the oven.
- Take a small pan that can be placed in the oven, and place it on high heat. 1 'later heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil and add the crushed garlic and thyme. Saute for 30 '' and then add the cherry tomatoes. Saute for 2 'and remove from the heat. Put it in the oven and bake for 15 '. Remove from the oven, discard the garlic and thyme sprigs and set the cherry tomatoes aside.
- Meanwhile, take a large pan, place it on low heat and heat the pesto sauce.
- Strain the pasta and add it back to the pan with the pesto, always on low heat, mix the pasta well for about 1 ', so that it absorbs as much of the sauce as possible. If it is too thick, add a little of the pasta water.
- Immediately add half of the cherry tomatoes, removed from their bunch, and mix them carefully so as not to break them.
- Serve in a deep dish, sprinkle the Pissourkotiko Traditional Halloumi Charalambides Christis and add the remaining cherry tomatoes from their bunch. Finally, put the rest of the olive oil on top.