Orzo with Mince | Charalambides Christis
Christiana Aristotelous Challenge Recipe by chef George Erotokritou
November 19, 2020
Mommy's Orzo by Christiana Aristotelous
- A spoon of salted Country Life Butter
- Half kg of minced meat mixed
- 1 small onion
- 1/3 cup of white wine
- Two spoons of grated carrot
- Salt, Pepper, thyme,
- 3 grated tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups of boiled orzo
- 1/3 cup of water
- Pissourkotiko Traditional Goat and Sheep Halloumi Charalambides Christis
- Boil our Orzo in salted water and set it aside.
- Put the Country Life Butter to burn in a pan and add the minced meat.
- When the minced meat turns white, add the onion.
- When the liquids evaporate from our pan add the wine and leave it for 3-4 minutes and then add the grated carrot.
- Add our spices and salt, tomatoes, sugar and leave for 2 minutes.
- Add our Orzo to the pan, the water and let it boil together for 7-8 minutes on low heat.
- Put our parsley and grate plenty of Pissourkotiko Sheep Halloumi Charalambidis Christis