Makaronaki Souffle with Halloumi & Lountza | Charalambides Christis
February 8, 2023
Mediterranean flavours blending nicely for a comforting mid-week delight!
- 500g Makaronaki Kofto pasta
- 150g Lountza, sliced in strips
- 225g Pissourkotiko Traditional Goat & Sheep Halloumi, Charalambides Christis
- 250g Mozzarella Cheese Grated, Charalambides Christis
- 7 Slices Gouda Cheese, slices, Charalambides Christis
- 400ml Dairy Cream with 35% fat, Charalambides Christis
- 2 Eggs
- 400g Tomato Pulp
- 1 tsp Fine Sugar
- EVOO, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Litres Water
- 1 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to the 200°C, air circulation, rack in the middle.
- In a large pot bring water to a boil on high heat adding a generous amount of salt. Add the pasta, stirring occasionally so as not to stick and cook 2’ less than package instructions. Strain and keep aside in a bowl while pouring a bit of olive oil over them to keep them from drying.
- Use a frying pan and place on high heat. Add 1 tbsp of oil and allow to heat-up. Add the tomato pulp along with the sugar and mix well. Allow for the sauce to thicken a bit, season with salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
- In the meantime, grate the Halloumi and keep aside.
- Take a deep non-stick oven dish and add half the pasta and on top the tomato sauce. Add half the mozzarella and half the halloumi and on top of the Lountza strips. Lay the slices of the gouda cheese and spread the remaining pasta. Next, sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and halloumi.
- Finally, whisk 2 eggs and slowly pour the dairy cream while whisking. Pour on top of the pasta and cook in the oven for 40’ and until the top becomes golden brown.
- Take out of the oven and let rest for 20’ before serving.