Halloumi saganaki | Charalambides Christis
Suitable for vegetarians
February 17, 2023
Delicious halloumi saganaki!
- 2 x Charalambides Christis Halloumi, halved
- 100g Honey
- 1 tbsp Fresh Oregano, finely chopped
- ½ cup Semolina
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 30ml EVOO, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 30ml Rapeseed Oil
- 1 tsp Sweet Chili Flakes
- Use a bowl where you have added the semolina. Add into another bowl the beaten egg with 2 tbsp of water and mix well. Place the cut halloumi into the egg mixture and then dredge into the bowl with the semolina so they have a crust all-over them.
- In the meantime, place a medium non-stick pan on medium heat. A minute later pour the oils and allow to heat up. Add the halloumi into the pan, making sure that you shake off any excess semolina.
- Shallow fry both sides, flipping just ones, until golden brown.
- At the same time, place a small pot on low heat and add the honey along with the oregano. Just warm it and keep aside.
- Place the halloumi in a plate, drizzle with the honey and sprinkle the chili flakes on top.