Halloumi Hasselback | Charalambides Christis
Suitable for vegetarians
June 28, 2023
- 2 x 200g Halloumi, Charalambides Christis
- 300g Cherry Tomatoes on their branches
- 2 tbsp EVOO, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Honey
- ½ cup Basil leaves, tips only
- 1 tbsp Capers
- 1-2 tsp Sweet Chili Flakes
- 1 tsp Dry Coriander, ground
- Koullouri Bread
- ½ tsp fine Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- In the same way that you would cut the famous ‘Hasselback Potatoes’, place each of block of the halloumi on a cutting board and place 1 chopstick on each side of it. This will prevent cutting the halloumi all way through.
- Slice it to 5mm thickness (1/2 cm) intervals and keep aside. Repeat with the rest of the halloumi blocks.
- In the meantime, turn on the oven to 190° C, air on and rack set at the middle.
- Take a medium size oven proof dish, brush with a bit of oil and place in it the 2 sliced blocks of the halloumi. Add around them the cherry tomatoes and on top the capers. Drizzle on top the oil and the honey. Sprinkle the chili flakes and coriander and season with the salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 25’ and finish off under the grill/broiler for 5’ aiming to caramelize both the halloumi and the tomatoes.
- Remove from the oven, add the basil leaves and serve with plenty of koulouri bread.