Bruschetta made with Pissourkotiko Traditional Halloumi | Charalambides Christis
Frixos Personal Chefing
Suitable for vegetarians
January 12, 2021
Bruschetta made with Pissourkotiko traditional halloumi Charalambides Christis and olive blossom
- PissourkotikoTraditional Goat Halloumi
- Charalambides Christis cut into 9-10 pieces
- 2 large ripe sliced tomatoes,
- 80ml EVOO, Extra Virgin Olive Oil,
- 4-5 sprigs Fresh Mint
- 1 cup Black Olives, seedless.
- 1 clove Garlic, roasted and finely chopped with a special garlic tool.
- 5 slices of Rustic White Bread, cut in half.
- We start with the olive spread, adding to the bowl of the mixer the olives together with the chopped garlic and half the oil. Beat for a while and then, with the mixer running, slowly pour in the remaining oil.When it becomes a paste, remove it and keep it aside.
- Place a ribbed pan - grill on medium-high heat and as soon as it heats up add the slices of bread. Bake them on both sides, remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same ribbed pan - grill, again on medium-high heat, add a little oil and spread it with a brush.
- Once heated, add the halloumi slices and cook for about 2 'until they get a nice color.
- Turn them and cook for another 2 '.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- To serve, spread a full tablespoon from the olive paste to each of the slices of bread, add a slice of tomato and on top a slice of halloumi.
- Add some mint leaves and serve while hot.